When hitting up the beach or recreation swimming areas this summer, we have some summer feet tips to keep your feet safe and healthy!
- Wear sandals or flip flops while walking on the beach to avoid stepping on glass or broken sea shells.
- If you have a cut on your foot, do not go swimming in the beach or lake. You could get a bacterial infection from normal bacteria that live in the water.
- Try to keep your feet covered around pool decks and water parks–which are very common places to get contagious warts from! Water socks or aqua socks are a great option.
- Don’t forget to put sun screen on your feet. Many times this area is overlooked when applying SPF. The skin on your feet is very delicate it-protect it!
- Be careful of stepping on a jellyfish at the beach. Even if it appears dead, it can still sting you. A jelly fish sting can be very painful and cause swelling and sometimes even infection. If this happens, seek the attention of your foot and ankle surgeon right away.